Who we are
We are a highly respected and greatly loved community kindergarten.
- High quality programs
We provide caring, high quality educational programs which are designed as a foundation for children’s lifelong living and learning with the same children and teaching team each day.
- Experienced and innovative staff
We are proud to have experienced and innovative staff teams consisting of specialist university educated early childhood teachers assisted by trained teacher assistants.
- Fostering children's engagement
We have developed learning environments and resources, both inside and outside, which foster children’s engagement, interactions, exploration and wonder.
- Passionate about nature and our environment
We support children’s exploration of the natural world and increases their understanding of sustainable practices.
Leanne, MPC's Director gives a deeper insight
At a glance, Mitchelton Preschool Centre is:
- Is a community not for profit 3-unit kindergarten affiliated with The Gowrie (QLD) managed by a Committee formed from the parent body.
- has been a part of the local community for over 65 years and has an ethos of continual improvement.
- offers kindergarten programs during school terms for those children who are turning four years old by 30 June in the year they attend (i.e. children in the year immediately prior to the prep year) from 7.30 to 5.30. An additional group, MPC 3's, is for children who turn 3 by 31st January.