Mitchelton Preschool Centre:
- is a community not for profit 3-unit kindergarten affiliated with The Gowrie (QLD) managed by a Committee formed from the parent body.
- has been a part of the local community for over 65 years and has an ethos of continual improvement. We are a highly respected and greatly loved community kindergarten.
- offers kindergarten programs during school terms for those children who are turning four years old by 30 June in the year they attend (i.e. children in the year immediately prior to the prep year) from 7.30 to 5.30. An additional group, MPC 3's, is for children who turn 3 by 31st January.
- delivers high quality programs - we provide caring, high quality educational programs which are designed as a foundation for children’s lifelong living and learning with the same children and teaching team each day.
- has experienced and innovative staff - we are proud to have experienced and innovative staff teams consisting of specialist university educated early childhood teachers assisted by trained teacher assistants.
- fosters children's engagement - we have developed learning environments and resources, both inside and outside, which foster children’s engagement, interactions, exploration and wonder.
- is passionate about nature and our environment - we support children’s exploration of the natural world and increase their understanding of sustainable practices.
MPC's Director, Leanne Hunter gives a deeper insight
Affiliated with The Gowrie (QLD) Inc
For 75 years The Gowrie's focus has been QLD children and families, and the benefits quality early childhood programs bring to our community. The Gowrie philosophy and commitment to community spirit is strongly aligned with Mitchelton Pre-Schooling Centre and we are proud to be one of their Community Kindergartens.
In 2015 MPC won 2 Gowrie Awards for Service Management: Excellence and Innovation in Leadership and for Service Management: Demonstration of Advanced Pedagogy
Visit their website for further information at The Gowrie Qld